Powder Laundry Soap recipe
Each batch yields approximately 32 ounces
- 1 bar of shaved bar soap (Fels-Naptha)
- 1 cup of borax
- 1 cup of washing soda
Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes and enjoy the results!
- 1 quart water (boiling)
- 2 cups bar soap (grated)
- 2 cups borax
- 2 cups washing soda
1. Add finely grated bar soap to the boiling water and stir until soap is melted. You can keep on low heat until soap is melted.
2. Pour the soap water into a large, clean pail and add the borax and washing soda. Stir well until all is dissolved.
3. Add 2 gallons of water, stir until well mixed.
4. Cover pail and use 1/4 cup for each load of laundry. Once it’s cool, add 5 – 7 drops of your favorite essential oil per gallon.Stir the soap each time you use it (it will gel).
High Efficiency (HE) Washers
This homemade detergent is very low suds. HE front-load washers require “special soap” for one reason alone – low suds. Because they use less water.
Get Rid of Static Cling
Simply roll a ball of foil and place in dryer.
Cut up a piece of fabric and add a few drops of essentil oil. This will last for a few loads.
Get Rid of Fruit Flies
It has been my mission today to get rid of our recent fruit fly infestation. I tried a bunch of different traps (milk, sugar and pepper mix, wine, fermented tea, etc).
My solution was cider vinegar, but I did 2 extra tricks.
1. I warmed it up in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. I added dish soap and wat
I am proud to announce this was the best trap I made. (Wine with the same process was also effective).
WARNING PHOTO MAY GROSS YOU OUT!