I have been drinking green smoothies for a few years. I could not wait to share them with my husband. When I mentioned them to him he said “I don’t think I will be drinking that weird crap” So a year or so went by, I became pregnant and had a baby. Finally I decided I wan’t going to make separate smoothies for everyone. So I just gave it to him, without telling him what was in it (oldest trick in the book). He liked it and was annoyed when I told him I put spinach in it.
Anyways, my little one loves yogurt so I thought I would try to get him started on green smoothies. I will share my recipe for baby and me sized portion of this smoothie. He shakes in excitement of his smoothie! Seriously!
Baby and Me Green Smoothie
- 1 c 50/50 orange juice (if you use regular use 50% water and 50% juice)
- 3-4 TBSP Greek yogurt
- 1 heaping handful of spinach or baby kale
- 1/2 package of frozen berries (you can use any fruit)
- **option to add protein power**
- **option to add 2 cubes of frozen wheat grass**
- Add juice, yogurt and spinach blend first if needed.
- Add frozen berries and addititives
- Tell your baby you are blending now 🙂 and blend