I stumbled upon this recipe for baby wipes when I was looking for ways to help my baby with his eczema. I kept thinking to myself, “I don’t really know what is in baby wipes”. When I looked I saw that there was a list of ingredients that I could not pronounce. I encourage everyone to take a look at the ingredients are in all their products. This has been an interesting journey for me. I have more understanding of possible effects of the ingredients in typical household items and what they actually do. More importantly I found that the homemade ones worked better for me and the wipes also save money!
Here is a list of typical ingredients in baby wipes:
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-15/16 Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxymthylglycinate, Benzyl Alcohol, Iodopropynyl, Butylcarbamate, Citric Acid, Bisabolol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract
Here is a list of ingredients in my baby wipes:
- 1 TB Baby Oil
- 2 TB Castile Soap
- 2 c Water
- Essential oil (optional)
- 1/3 roll of High Quality Paper Towel
- Tear squares of paper towel and cut them in 4 sections.
- Place in container (I use glad) and fill to top. You will notice that 1 roll of paper towel can fill about 3 containers.
- In separate container measure 2 cup water and add baby oil and castile soap.
- Mix ingredients (will look cloudy).
- Pour into container that contains the paper towel.