The Bringing Baby Home program is a research based and research tested program ready to help new families get the best start possible. Although welcoming a new baby into your home is a joyous event, it also brings with it relational stress, family adjustment, and often postpartum depression which ultimately effects parent-child interaction and infant development. Research shows that within three years after birth of a child, approximately two-thirds of couples experience a significant drop in the quality of their relationship and have a dramatic increase in conflict and hostility (Gottman).
This 12-hour workshop helps parents gain relationship/communication skills, to regulate conflict, discover each other on a deeper level and prepares them to be partners in parenting while continuing to grow a loving couple relationship. The Gottmans’ research shows that this workshop helps couples to enhance their relationship satisfaction after the birth of their child.
My first observation of this program, having been married for 8 years with 2 kids and 2 on the way, was, “I so wish I would have went!” The insights and workable relationship tools are invaluable to get to know your partner and your children more intimately on a continuing basis and have skills to work through the everyday stresses of life.
In this 3-day workshop, presented in either a weekend format or as a series, parents will learn to:
- Intimacy and conflict regulation skills Interact with your baby in a positive way
- Keep both parents involved
- Deal with conflict successfully
- Stay connected with your partner
- Strengthen your friendship
- Learn how to cope constructively with the changes brought about by the birth of a child.
- Learn how to promote the development of a healthier infant and assist your child in their emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development.
- Learn how to deal with the “baby blues” and decrease the chance of post partum depression.
- Learn valuable insights from a research based and research tested program.
- Create a family legacy.
- Learn how to give your child the gift of a happy and healthy family.
Dates: January 3, 10 & 17 9am-1pm
COST: $300, per couple for full workshop
Babies are welcome!!!