Zucchini Sticks | Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms
Here’s another last minute appetizer for your Super Bowl party. You can also enjoy Zucchini Sticks any time as a side dish. They are great with or without a dipping sauce. I like Ranch myself!
Are you a big football fan? Will you be watching the Super Bowl game? I don’t mean to be a party-pooper, but football is not my thing. You’ll either find me in the kitchen, behind the computer, or doing laundry. If you’re a fan, have a great time and enjoy the food!
- 2 lbs. zucchini
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 oz. Ranch Dip Mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
1. If you are making the Ranch Dip, combine the Ranch Dip mix with the sour cream. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Clean the zucchini, cut off the ends, and cut into wedges as shown.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the egg whites and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip the zucchini in the egg whites, coat it with bread crumbs, and place in the hot skillet. Repeat with enough of the zucchini so that you don’t overcrowd the pan. Brown on all 3 sides, using thongs to turn the zucchini. You will need to cook them in 4 or 5 batches. Add more oil in between each batch. (Keep the cooked zucchini warm on a sheet pan in a 200 degree F oven while you’re cooking all of the zucchini.)
Serve hot. This recipe will be enough for 8 – 10 people.
If you’d like to get this on the table faster:
1. Cut, cover, and store the zucchini in the refrigerator a day ahead.
2. Grate the cheese, mix with the bread crumbs, cover and store in the refrigerator a day ahead.
3. Mix the egg whites and water in a shallow dish. Cover and store in the refrigerator a day ahead.